My Take ...

Friday, April 25, 2008

On Writing...

What do we mean by global language? Archaic English, American English, Australian Lingo…these are all just banalities…Paulo Coelho talks of the Universal language. There is indeed a language that people across the world understand – the language of smiles, a pregnant pause, an unanswered question… People often understand silences more then they understand words. As writers, what we need to understand is when to hold our words back and let the mind of the reader do the talking. When do pictures express better than the written word? Blogging is a great exercise in writing and in silence. I blog, but not everyday. I am as fond of my words as of my silences. Long silences, writer’s blocks make me uncomfortable. But they are rather necessary. Why force expressions, why toy with words when none come naturally? As a writer I know every day is not the same, it is not a job that can be done everyday; only when the inspiration is right…As always I turn to my favorite author Richard David Bach, "I do not enjoy writing at all. If I can turn my back on an idea, out there in the dark, if I can avoid opening the door to it, I won't even reach for a pencil. But once in a while there's a great dynamite-burst of flying glass and brick and splinters through the front wall and someone stalks over the rubble, seizes me by the throat and gently says, "I will not let you go until you set me in words, on paper." That's how I met Illusions."

posted by Sujatha at 12:50 AM

1 Comments:

I could appreciate your thoughts through the language of silence. However, I chose not to.
I will rather do it through the letters..."Wonderful Writing"...

April 25, 2008 at 1:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home